Sunday 3 June 2018

The Listening Club - 3rd June 2018

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing fine. Still hot as balls here in Amsterdam (hottest May on record, so I read, hum ho), so Sundays are falling into the summer pattern already, either I get this done before I go out, or I go out, then have to drag myself back in when I remember it needs to be done. Today is one of the latter, but as we haven't gone any further than the stoop of the house, it's not so bad... heh.

Last week @akx was in the chair, sending the assembled bopping with a trio of EPs from Japanese Futurefunk artists MikazukiBigwave, Night Tempo & Macross 82-99. Which ones I have no idea, but they're fresh! Thanks to Aarni for the pick and for sailing the frisb across to @Isperia_, who's here with tonight's intro...

"Summery salutations!

Th​​ank you @akx for shoving me into the chair again - I've had a very busy week and haven't been able to scour my libraries, so I've returned to a personal summer classic.

This is a record I had in my car back when I still had a car, because this was almost perfect for cruising-around-music. The album stil sits on my shelf, and I always return to it during summer. And since summer hit a bit early here this year, it's high time to share it with all of you.

The band in question hasn't to my knowledge given themselves a specific style label, but "jazz progressive fusion" comes to mind.

Enjoy!"

Okaydokey. Direct download is here, and the HearMightBeSpoilers stream is below:

See you tonight at 8pm CEST (GMT+1)

No comments:

Post a Comment