Sunday 12 March 2017

The Listening Club - 12th March 2017

Greetings folks,

Hope all is fine with you, spring has seriously sprung here in Amsterdam, the sun is shining, buds are budding, windows are being flung open for the first time in months and brooms and vacuums are doing their thing as winter grot is seasonably removed from its temporary resting place. All kinda fine really, although hoping its not the calm before the storm here as there's a General Election on Wednesday, and there's one very unpleasant person looming in the shadows looking to take a hefty slice of the governmental pie. Crossing my fingers firmly that the Dutch see sense and that doesn't happen, which is all I can do really...

Thanks to @JimMcCauley for remembering to run tings last week, and don't forget it's our 5th birthday party this time-ish next week, for which we will have a #birthdayvortex, so please send me your highlight tunes from the last five years of this gathering, and / or any other #LC related or (for that matter) birthday related audio goodness sometime this week please!

So, last week whilst I was knee deep in plum porter,
@emmaprice was in the chair, folking for her life with her pick of Mawkin's "The Ties That Bind", which seemed to go down rather well it seems. Thanks to Emma for the pick and for flipping the wotsitatron across to @akx, and lo, here he is....

"So I stumbled upon this album via Spotify's Discover Weekly playlists (which are steadily getting better, it seems!), and after the song (whichever it was) that was featured finished, I had to hear more... and listening to the whole album, I pretty much immediately knew I'd have to let #listeningclub hear (or experience) it.

Even if you're familiar with the genre (which I won't disclose directly, but you'll know it if you know it), I still bet you might not be familiar with the album itself. It might be kind of long at around 80 minutes, but I assure you, the trip's worth it. Quoting a particularly glowing review of the album: "You will travel everywhere and nowhere, just let the synthetic neon light guide you."

Looking forward to seeing the reactions, which I'm sure will be varied.

#drinkingclub: yes, sure, why not."

Okaydoke. Direct download is here (right-click-save-as), and the spoilerstream is below:


See you at 8pm GMT...

No comments:

Post a Comment