Sunday 5 June 2016

The Listening Club - 5th June 2016

Hey there folks,

Hope you're good and well. Sunball in full effect here in Amsterdam, so getting this out of the way early. Worth mentioning too that, as usual, I'll be away at Glastonbury at the end of the month, so we're in need of someone to run tings here for a week, let me know if you want to help out - also it's possibly time for our traditional mid-summer live music vortex, should we be so inclined - let me know if you want to do one!

Last week, @CakeHugga was in the chair, and flew us back to the virtual 80s with her pick of Neon Neon's "Stainless Style", which got most people doing the robot. Thanks to Gemma for the pick, and for passing the frisbaton across to @holette, who is here with this week's pre-match...

"My choice is a recent release which I've seen described pretty aptly as "folk soaked electronica".  It's an immaculately produced, immersive experience. It strays occasionally into the Wicker Man soundtrack end of weird folkiness with enough blips and beats to keep it the right side of ambient.

Every time I've spent some time with this album during a hectic week it's instilled an immediate sense of stillness in me at least.  Haunting vocals from one very well known guest and other extraordinary vocal tracks feature amongst the instrumentals. Sit back and see what you think."

Okaydoke. Direct download is here (yes, I know I got the date wrong on the file, thanks), and the ol' HearThis stream is...


See you at 8pm BST (GMT+1)

No comments:

Post a Comment