Sunday 3 January 2016

The Listening Club - 3rd January 2016

Happy new year folks, hope you had a fine one whatever you got up to - here in Amsterdam it was fireworks insanity as per usual, so we hit the streets and had a seriously random roam through the city centre for a change, resulting in rather a splendid time indeed. And so into 2016 we go...

Last week, of course, we #festivevortex'ed, and as usual had a cracking selection of tunes, many thanks to you all for chipping in your favourites and popping in for a listen. Now over to @andershanson, who is waiting with the first pick of the year...

"Despite two weeks in which to make my Listening Club pick, most of which was spent off work, I only got round to making my decision on which album to go with in the early hours of this morning. It was a decision that was complicated by me realising at the last minute that despite having only done this three times, my preferred album was one I'd forgotten that I'd already chosen before.

This album is one that I found by hearing one of the tracks played in the background in a bar. Having found the song, downloaded the album and then soon after been able to see the band perform at a brilliant gig round the corner from my flat, it became a firm favourite. It's an album that I've neglected for a bit but now feels a good time to dust it off and give it another play. It's catchy, with a few quirky touches that make it a bit different, but also some elements that leave you in no doubt that it's me that's picked it."

Right then. Direct download is here, and the HearThis stream is...


See you at 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment