Sunday 13 September 2015

The Listening Club - 13th September 2015

Hey there,

Hope you're all doing fine - all is gentle here at Kleptone Towers following a rather rambunctious Saturday session at Magneet Festival, which is kind of like a forgotten corner of Glastonbury or Burning Man relocated to a sandbank on the north east coast of Amsterdam. Much lunacy, bizarre music, happy people and tasty beer, and now the inevitable hangover. Well worth it tho... one of the best fests in the city for sure.

Last week in these here environs, @cdrose_writer was in the chair, and chose to celebrate Mancunian culture with his pick of Lonelady's 'Hinterland' which was rather warmly received by the assembled. Thanks to Chris for the pick and for flipping the frisbee across to @neilpbardhan who's here with this week's intro...

"My oldest friend tipped me off to this album in the summer of 2009. It got some national (American) attention at the time, which pleased my friend: it's a project by some of his college friends who'd gotten Fulbrights to Spain to put together this record with influences from several continents' worth of traditions. In time, they formed a collective to put out more records like this. I lost track of them by and large, but this album keeps coming back for me as that "just so" feeling and sound. I nod my head. I sway. I write. I think a lot about their inspirations for these combinations. It's about mixes and meetings, collaborations and conquests, beats and breaths.


And if you're reading this while listening to the first track and thinking "What are you talking about, combinations?", just wait until you hit the second. Enjoy!"

Okaydoke - direct download is here, and the hearthis stream is here

See you at 8pm BST (GMT+1)!

No comments:

Post a Comment