Sunday 24 May 2015

The Listening Club - 24th May 2015

Greetings y'all,

As with last week, short and sweet intro as the sun's out, and this time the forecast says staying out, also there's a national holiday on Monday here in the Netherlands (Whit Monday)  so it's a tap tap tap get this sorted so we can go out and enjoy the afternoon, Bank Holiday stylee! Also next week is #vortex week, so if you have suggestions for a theme, let us know...

Last week, @saucer was in the chair, and kinda continued the stylings of the previous week with his pick of Howe Gelb's "The Coincidentalist". Many thanks to him for the pick, and for flipping the frisbee across to @rougeforever for this week, and here she is...

"Welcome to the Bank Holiday weekend.  Or Memorial Day weekend if you're of the American persuasion.

I've gone for another record I really really love.   Except there are a few songs I don't really love on it, so I took those off.   Also, I don't know about you, but I've not been in the mood for long Listeningclub choices recently, so my edit keeps it just below 50 minutes.  (You can thank me later).

This is a solo Greatest Hits album by someone who was in a very famous band.  He's the Lennon to the lead's McCartney.  He's my favourite sort of person - on one hand talented, capable and stable, but on the other hand racked with dark brooding thoughts, chaos and madness.   This makes for a great record - you'll hear his psyche opened up in the lyrics and his performances. The lead singer of the band gets all the attention, but this guy actually deserves it.   So come with me on this record.   It won't always be an easy listen, but it'll be worth your time, I can promise you.

I'd suggest you turn all the lights off, take your clothes off and open the wine.  Mind you, I'd always suggest that."

Okaydoke! Dowload is here, and the mixcloud is here.

See you at 8pm BST (GMT+1)

No comments:

Post a Comment