Sunday 12 April 2015

The Listening Club - 12th April 2015

Hello hello,

Well yes, goddamit that warm shiny ball in the sky is out and proud and we're on the stoop sipping on Gin and Juice (@nessiest) and an IPA (me) and enjoying our first afternoon outside our new abode. Greeting neighbours, observing local cats and directing lost tourists. Very nice indeed.

In #LC land, last week @JimMcCauley was back in the chair, and dosed us all with obscure 90s UK indie-spin-off melodifereceness in the shape of Sing-Sing's "The Joy Of Sing-Sing", which smoothed out the bumps in the Sunday evening fabric quite nicely indeed. Thanks to Jim for the pick, and for flipping the frisbee across to @mutster101 for this week's pick. And here he is with the pre-match...

"There's all sorts of things I could tell you about my pick. I could tell you it's a movie soundtrack. I could tell you about the pretentious conceit behind it. I could tell you that you've almost certainly heard all of the artists involved, though you're unlikely to have heard all of these songs. I could tell you about how conflicted I was about including the title track, for reasons which will probably become apparent when you hear it. I could even tell you that the film itself is utter bollocks.

But really there's only one thing to say, because I want to make sure I get it in first:

Oh, GARETH!"

Reety-ho. Direct download is here, and the mixcloud is here (sorry no embed, I'm in a hurry...)

See you at 8PM BST!

No comments:

Post a Comment