Sunday 8 February 2015

The Listening Club - 8th February 2015

Hello hello,

Hope all is fine in your locales, Amsterdam is doing well, feeling nice and quiet in the low tourist season, not too cold or grey for once, so enjoying checking out the huge range of quality food & drink at the new Foodhallen in the old west and making plans for the upcoming year - It's looking likely I'll be needing a caretaker manager here for March 8th & 15th if anyone fancys volunteering - yep, it's holiday time... and about time too, all work and no play and all that...

Back on planet #LC, @holette was in the chair last week, and had everyone rocking out quite satisfactorily to The Desert Sessions Volumes 9 & 10. A mighty fine pick indeed, thanks to her for that, and for flipping the frisbee across the Atlantic to the returning @tibieryo...

"... honestly, I've had this picked since Sunday.

Sure, I had the jitters I got the last three times I picked where I thought about other albums. But none of them have seemed like such a high quality bad idea as this.

I found this record after following features from a couple other albums (one of which I considered submitting). And since I first heard it last summer, I've been listening to it at least weekly, if not daily.

So, before we get into it, here's what you need to know. This album contains pervasive strong language, graphic sexual content, graphic violent content, scenes of drug and alcohol abuse, and will likely not be nominated for any awards. But it is a damn good time.

... and it's not Bat Out of Hell."

Right then. Direct download is here (link at top of the page), Mixcloud (who put the c*nt in c*ntent recognition) stream is here.

See you at 8pm GMT!


No comments:

Post a Comment