Sunday 28 September 2014

The Listening Club - 28th September 2014

Greetings folks,

Well I'm back again, following another mighty dose of Kate Bush and a gentle couple of days on family tech-support duties sorting out a new laptop for my mum. One more flyaway for me next weekend and I'm done for a bit, which will probably be welcome news to Jim, who has been doing a sterling job keeping this ticking over in my absence...

Last week @samsmitter was in the hot seat, and sent forth a cracking selection of highlights from the Lee Scratch Perry box set "Arkology". A mightier set of tunes you'd be hard pushed to find, I must say. Many thanks to Sam for the selection, and for flipping the frisbee to @akx for next week...

...but first, behold the "Songs You Like By Bands You Hate" Vortex! (or #sylbbyhvortex, if you like) Yes, we have 16 songs that occupy a rather unique and lonely place in your collective collections - and some real surprises too, I'm pleased to say...

So get grabbing... Download is here (link  at top middle of page) and the Mixcloud stream (song titles, spoilers, etc.) is here!

See you at 8pm BST!

No comments:

Post a Comment