Sunday 6 April 2014

The Listening Club - 6th April 2014

Hello and happy April to you all,

Hope all is well and good in your hood - bit of a grey day here in the 'Dam, but it's warm and dry, and last night's trip back in time watching The Orb slice and dice their back catalogue into beaty chunks is providing a nice warm fuzzy happy feeling in the head. So, on y va?

Last week found us all vortexed up, taking in planes, cars, motorbikes, spaceships and even astral projection on a most excellent #travelvortex! Thanks as always to everyone who chipped in a track, really good fun that was.

Prior to that malarkey, @emmaprice was holding the frisbee, so over to her for the customary pre-match...

"Evening All

Due to life being one of those funny buggers all my carefully thought out plans for re-listening to albums I've had in my theoretical frisbee pile went to absolute pot. This is why I'm writing it on the day (just like all my best Uni essays) 

The reason I've gone for this album is that with our upcoming #Dambusters trip I've been thinking about the concept of #listeningclub and what it means to me.  I'm at risk of sounding like an award winner here (I'd like to thank my agent, my mixologist and my personal guru) 

Listening Club has been such an amazing experience so far for me. I've been racking my brains to think of something more powerful than music & which has the ability to transport you to another time and place. Not sure I can think of anything to top the concept of sharing something you love with other people and chatting about their reactions. 

In the tradition of Listening Club this artist was introduced to me a few years ago by a friend who kept telling me I just had to hear this guy,  listening to him ended up providing an entry point to a whole new genre for me. Having seen him several times in the last couple of years he's one of the finest live acts around with showmanship skills in abundance. 

I'm fairly sure he'd be first in line for #drinkingclub too. So crack open something suitable and I'll see you at the nearest smoky underground bar. 

This one goes out to @Cakehugga and @jaysofine and to my mum who I think is Listening Club's oldest member."

Download is here and the Mixcloud stream (which may reveal the song titles, you have been warned)  is here!

Search #listeningclub to see what's going on, and follow @listeningclub for the admin.

Hope to see you tonight at 8pm BST (GMT+1)!

No comments:

Post a Comment