Sunday 18 February 2018

The Listening Club - 18th February 2018

Greetings folks,

Hope all is good in your respective hoods. Still shivering here in Amsterdam, although the sun is poking its head out a little more often, which is a lovely thing to watch from indoors, natch. Surprisingly quiet on the gig front also, which is odd for this time of year, although plenty bookings being made for summer fun (still plugging this if anyone fancies a trip over!)...

Last week @mrhig was in the chair, getting atmospheric with his pick of Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross's soundtrack to "The Social Network", which had many folks guessing to the end. Thanks to Matt for the pick, and for sailing the frisb across to @Har_Shone who's here with this week's introduction...

"I’m taking a risk here and picking an album I haven’t had time to listen to much myself since it came out in 2016. I’ve loved this artist since my friend dragged me to see him at the Roundhouse when I was still at university, despite him falling a little outside my usual (Morrissey shaped) wheelhouse. Let’s hope his latest offering is up to the earlier stuff I love, otherwise, boy I’ll have egg on my face."

Direct download is here, and the HearBeSpoilers stream is below:


See you at 8pm GMT.

No comments:

Post a Comment