Sunday 20 August 2017

The Listening Club - 20th August 2017

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all fine and well. Doing good here in Amsterdam, looking forward to myself & @JimMcCauley's upcoming Justified & Ancient escapades in Liverpool next week, we still have very little idea of what will be happening, but whatever transpires it should be a jolly few days, here's hoping we're back here next Sunday to tell the tale...

Last week here chez #LC it was me, @kleptones in the driving seat, having a mellow one with William Tyler's 2013 album "Impossible Truth", which seemed to go down pretty well, I'm delighted to say. Also delighted that @emmaprice grabbed the frisbaton and is now here with this week's intro...

"Greetings all. As usual my brain had a complete blank moment when faced with what to pick for you all tonight. Tonight’s pick is by an artist I’d never heard of until I bimbled past their set at Glastonbury this year. Which is what I tend to hope for at festivals – coming home with a few names to check out afterwards.  I’ve definitely come home with a bunch from Bluedot this year (side note the Bluedot playlist on Spotify is my most listened to album for months)

One of the tracks on this album stuck in my head in just this fashion and ended up with multiple streamings while in the office and over the past few weeks it's permeated my consciousness. This album primarily makes me smile and remember being at Glastonbury in the heat this year with some of my favourite people. Given the shitshow taking place around the world I just fancied something that makes me smile and dance under the trees, cider in hand."

Okaydoke. Direct download is here, and the HearBeSpoilers stream is below:


See you at 8pm!


No comments:

Post a Comment